1. What does Meet Central do?
The Meet Central app is an easy-to-use app that runs your entire swim meet. The Meet Central Clubhouse is an easy-to-use website that runs your entire summer season (before and after each meet).
Meet Central shortens each of your swim meets by 30-90 minutes and reduces volunteers needed to run each meet. Meet Central handles the actual operations of the swim meet–on the pool deck (timing system, DQ process, scoring, ribbon label printing).
Here are the headaches the Meet Central app eliminates:
- No more runners.
- Timers don’t have to handwrite time cards.
- Judges don’t have to handwrite DQ slips.
- Scorekeepers don’t have to manually score out the meet.
- The computer mom/dad doesn’t have to manually type in results.
- The scorekeepers don’t have to recalculate the team scores when there has been a DQ overturn or an error uncovered.
- Ribbon label writers don’t have to handwrite ribbon labels.
2. Does Meet Central work with my Android device?
For the upcoming 2018 Summer season, we will support both iOS and Android within a single swim meet:
- Starter (iOS)
- Scorekeeper (iOS)
- Judges (iOS)
- Timers (iOS & Android)
3. Getting parents to volunteer is one of our biggest challenges each summer. How does Meet Central help with this?
- Eliminates jobs altogether like runners and ribbon writers (and redundant positions like a 2nd or 3rd scorekeeper to check what used to be manual score calculations).
- The integral roles of a swim meet are easier and more relaxing.
Traditionally, timers have to handle a manual stopwatch, clipboard, wet time cards, and a pencil to hand write results after each heat; scribbling results down fast enough to reset their watch for the next race. Meet Central eliminates this pressure altogether. Timers tell us that they actually enjoy timing with Meet Central.
4. Is additional software required?
You don’t need any other software or hardware. Meet Central can run your whole summer season. All you need is:
(1) Your Meet Central Starter Kit we ship you.
(2) the Meet Central app (free to download).
(3) the iOS/Android device that is already in your pocket!
5. Is additional software optional?
Yes. You can integrate your Meet Central results at anytime into:
- Team Unify
- Active/Hytek Team Manager
6. Can I print ribbon labels with Meet Central?
We believe the swimmers should have the satisfaction of their ribbons in-hand as they leave the swim meet.
At the discretion of the scorekeeper, ribbon labels can be printed at the conclusion of each event, as the swim meet progresses.
Meet Central ribbon labels print to any AirPrint compatible printer; see a list of AirPrint printers here.
7. How does Meet Central run a swim meet in less time?
Meet Central completely eliminates “dead time” between heats — the starter is always free to start the next heat as soon as the current race is over.
150 heats x 20 seconds “dead time” = …think about it 😉
You can always save more time by combining heats or combining events.
8. Our pool does not have Wi-Fi, does Meet Central still work for us?
We will ship you a Starter Kit that includes an outdoor WiFi router. This connects all your devices together on the pool deck and does not require any internet connection.
9. What kind of training and support does the swim club receive?
Learning how to use Meet Central is easy!
Once your swim club signs up for Meet Central, your club has access to training in several different ways.
- Self-service resources online (videos and tutorials)
- Opportunity to schedule a training session for your club (with a friendly HydroXphere team member)
- Training Webinars at checkpoints leading up to the Summer 2015 season
- Direct assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone support: (919) 234-0145
10. How can we protect our devices when using Meet Central?
We ship (12) waterproof lanyards with each Starter Kit. The pouch keeps your device sealed and protected from any splashing. The lanyard keeps your device securely around your neck so you don’t drop it. Your device is fully functional within the pouch.
11. Do all the swim clubs at a meet need to be Meet Central customers?
Any club can come to your meet and enjoy the benefits of Meet Central free of charge. There is no additional work required for you as the meet host.
12. Can we bring Meet Central to an away meet?
The host club can use Meet Central even if they’re not a customer! There’s no additional cost or work required.
13. Do we need to purchase iOS/Android devices to use Meet Central?
Just use the device already in your pocket and download the app for free. Volunteers then use your club’s credentials to log in.
14. We have 1st & 2nd half timers — can we swap devices during the meet?
Dropping one device (i.e. a timer) and adding another in its place is simple. This can happen at any point during a meet.
15. What is the difference between the Meet Central app & the Dolphin System?
You can fill in lanes during the swim meet and make any changes you want to save time. Meet Central let’s you make any changes during the meet without any additional work.
It is not uncommon for a heat to have only one swimmer. With the Dolphin system, there’s nothing you can do and the athlete has to swim alone. With Meet Central, you can easily move swimmers and change heat/lanes to compete next to this swimmer–no additional work required.
Also, we’re an app! Using Meet Central is as familiar as using your own device. This means purchasing obsolete hardware is a thing of the past.